Last Day at Sea - No Amigo, No Los 'Same'

It's been over a week since the last blog, mostly because I did not get wifi service on the high seas and I wasn't going to try my luck at internet cafes in Haiti or Jamaica. Cayman Islands? Maybe. Mexico, hell no. Dios mio!

The kids are nearly tucked in bed as we must be off the ship by 930am Sunday. Tonight I took Alyssa with her cousins Jake and Simone to the ship's movie theater to see "Up". It was a nice break and honestly was the first kid movie playing all week. Nevermind that we've had Harry Potter and the Crackhead Who Smoked Too Much Weed playing on 45 of our 46 in suite stations (in spanish and german too, I believe). Other selections included the Michael Jackson "I died so here is footage of my being a no it all" concert movie as well as some stupid romantic comedy featuring actresses who make nothing but stupid romantic comedies. Oh, and 3 times a day we had WORLD CUP matches...and then an entire channel dedicated to reruns of the daily matches. The only gripe here was that the channel did not show score nor time but every 10 minutes.

One slight tragedy this week - I accidentally took my camera and its 4MB memory card swimming in the Cayman Islands. Not sure if I can recover those photos or not - that would be almost all of my photos and videos from Disney World to the first 4 days or our cruise. We did bring a second camera which does have some pictures, but not nearly as many. We'll see if I can recover anything. Of course my dad and my sister have been taking photos, but still, I was preparing for the best vacation video to date. OH well. Probably one of the biggest losses of photos was a picture I took with my new Italian friends who all gathered with me to watch the Italy match last Monday. We bonded over Italian curse words - they started shouting them and noticed me laughing. When I passed the test of translation, we all became friends. They are from Perugia - and I met others from Roma! Turns out last week Roma superstar Francesco Totti was on the ship! Missed him by one week darn it!

Well anyway, tomorrow we'll be back in Port Canaveral Florida - we'll spend one night and then fly from Orlando to Phoenix to Sacramento for a late Monday arrival home. It was pretty sad tonight having dinner and watching no less than 4 cruise ships headed the opposite direction (leaving from either Miami or Ft. Lauderdale).
We saw the Oasis of the Seas cruise by at a distance and that was something else.

Time for one last Pina Colada - or Rum and Coke...
speaking of which, our Beach Break in Cozumel yesterday included an open bar. Much to my dismay, the rum being used was not Sailor Jerry nor Mount Gay. In fact, it wasn't even Bacardi. It was "blue label rum". Anyway, I told the bartender "Dude, that rum sucks" and he said "No matter amigo, it does the same"
To which I replied "No amigo, todos los rum no esta los 'same' - no los 'same'. Mi amigo, you must try Sailor Jerry".
He looked at me like I was crazy, but someday those words will mean something. Having had no less than 5 freebies in 30 minutes before our bus ride back to the ship, I sang the ballad of "No los the same" on the bus. I think I still have it in my camera.

adios amigos, and remember, todos los rum no los 'same'!

Comments

Popular Posts