Roman Holiday

I just couldn't stand the thought of my fans not getting a rare triple posting, so here I am, back at it.
As you might be figuring out, I have worn out the group. Hey, you travel with me, you better expect to make the most of your time. You can eat and sleep at home.... hop to it!

After going to the Colosseum and the Roman forum, etc this afternoon, we returned to the hotel to crash for 15 minutes because it was past 6pm and we can't have dinner past 6pm. So we returned to the same restaurant we discovered a two weeks ago that had lots of good food for low prices.

At this point dad and Jule were finito. So I packed up Rosie and Mom and headed for the Trevi fountain and the Spanish steps. Its not too far of a walk - and Rosie had not seen either yet so we went. The funny thing is it cost me another 20 cents. You see, the myth is that if you toss a coin into the Trevi, it guarantees your return to Rome. Well I did that two weeks ago, and now I am back! So, upon returning to the fountain, I had to again toss the coin in the fountain to ensure that I would come back to Rome....which I want to.

Tomorrow I have a special tour lined up for the gang. You'll all have to wait to find out what.

Now, since the trip is coming to a close, I thought I would post what was good, bad, etc.

Places we visited listed by which I liked the best first. (Cavaso is ruled out as the sure winner)
1) Rome - easy winner..so much to do and see and yet, I want to come back and do and see it again
2) Venice - almost beats Rome, but not quite. 2-3 days max in VEnice, but it was nice.
3) Tuscany country side - Unbelievable! Would go back again and again.
4) Lakes/Lugano - sure, I didnt plan on coming here originally, but it was nice. Lacks lots of attraction, but the beauty is a must see.
5) Firenze - Didnt get enough time here to be fair to this city of the Renaissance. I will return and spend less time in a museum.
6) the Veneto - great scenery and awesome people and good food/wine. True Italy.
7) Milan - While not a pretty place, it is the home of AC Milan and the Duomo is something else. Good transportation, sucky hotels
8) Siena - never going back. Kiss my fongul.

I forgot Pompeii and Sorento as some of my more favorite. They slip in around 5.

Best days
easily with the family, but I'd have to say its a toss between our first days in Rome or Easter in Florence.
Best moment: Either making it to the top of the Vatican dome or dinner with Jule in Venice.
Worst moment: Hotel Sucky in Milan
Worst place: Siena

Best food discovery: Stuffed foccacia
Worst food discovery: Hmmmm, is it possible in Italy?

Best wine: Nico Sartor Vintage
Worst wine: Bruno, Bianca's husband. tasted like his feet.

I'm getting googlie eyes from some impatient hotel clients. One more day in Rome then the long journey back home.,

See you all soon.

Comments

Popular Posts