Packing With a Fever Pitch and Just Not Being Able To Sink My Teeth into this Vacation Yet

T-minus one day til liftoff of our first ever full family vacation. Alyssa is just drumming with excitement. Today, like every day, she ran to the slider door and yelled "Ball??? Dada?? Ball??!!" and pointed outside to indicate where she wanted to be and what she wanted to bounce.

I must say, the build-up to this trip has been unlike any other short or long trips I've taken recently. If you know me, I spend hours and hours and hours pouring over details and looking up activities and making sure we got the best best deal on the hotel. Not this time.. uh-uh, no way!
So, changing a new leaf? Shhyyyaahh, right.

Seems Mother nature's relentless snow and rain from December onward has kept work, shall we say, interesting. Stressfull is more like it. Even today, when I eagerly anticipated my "last" dealing with this season's potentially dangerous snow melt, it just sucked me back in.
Still love that line from Godfather III - you know the one where Sophia Coppola so passionately says "Daddy, no, Daddy no....zzzz..no Daddy, no"
Oh wait, that's the worst part of the entire trilogy.. no I meant to refer to the line where Michael Corleone laments that he is being dragged back into the wicked ways of the Mafia and yells "Just when I got out, THEY SUCK ME BACK IN!" - well that part got your attention.

What I mean is, this has been a literal beat-down week for me. Last week ended with stress, and a fever and exhaustion. Then I bit my %*#)%&)#(*$ tongue really bad. The result, I've been partially ill all week and unable to hardly eat and drink because of a major wound to my tongue. So, I've apparently shed the fever, about 10 pounds, and am still on somewhat of Gerber diet - all mushy foods. Oh, and that "last" assignment reared it's ugly twin called, let's do it better for tomorrow. Grrrr!
But, if this is an omen, I figure it is a good one.

I recall three weeks prior to leaving for Italy tripping in the dark and twisting my ankle really bad. I hobbled for the next 17 days or so, and just a few days before going to Italy, all seemed well. And it was. That was the trip of our lives.

I also recall before our honeymoon to Maui. That would be when the radar on the entire west coast shut down, stranding us in our plane on the tarmack at SFO for 3 extra hours, unable to leave on our long awaited honeymoon. They flight attendents even made it worse by showing us promotional videos of what we could do in Maui once we got there.
But, the moment we arrived at our hotel, we saw a rainbow, and all was well.

So, come Monday, I plan to be 100% chewing and boy, I will eat like a King... since they have plenty of time to vacation now as well.

Anyhow, I'm guessing from here on out the posts will be from Florida or beyond.

ciao

Comments

Popular Posts