Thanksgiving Weekend Recap


Tuning up for the cruise next week, I figured I had better do a few blogs to sharpen my blogging skills.
There is been so much since my last posting almost a year ago when Maria was born.

Too much to talk about really, so I won't try to cover it all.

We just finished Thanksgiving weekend, and what a full weekend it was. As I write this, I am wrapping up lunch at work having just ruined the enticing aftertaste of my Burger King Crisp'n'Spicy chicken sandwich by sampling leftover pie brought in by a co-worker. If my taste buds are sharp, I believe the pie was Dog Chow pie. Oh my, that pie was crap.

I learned my lesson - anything left out at work that lasts until 1pm is either rancid, will give you rickets, or just doesn't taste good (or all three). Good Lord, that was bad.



Anyhow, amongst other things this past weekend, we got our family Christmas tree up at Red Leaf Farms in Applegate (3rd year in a row). This year we had a twist - we now have a very nice looking fake tree at home for our main tree, but decided to keep traditions going by giving the kids the experience of getting a small "kids" tree. Plus, we have made another tradition of stopping at the Foster's Freeze in Auburn on our way home.



In the end, we found the "perfect" tree for the kids to decorate and put in the foyer (we have a foyer?). Maria was quite taken by the experience, and of course Alyssa was leading the way and had to give her final seal of approval on the tree we chose. But in the end, we got what we came for, had a great time, and exhausted, made our way home.

I'll work on another post later. For now I need to go wash out my mouth and get rid of the Dog food taste.

Comments

Popular Posts