A Proven Formula in any Language

Does it matter what a cartoon says?  Is the dialogue of a cartoon imperative to gaining targeted audience (kids) approval?  I present to you the case of my children, deprived of cartoons for about a week now, completely GLUED to the television in our hotel room in Milan while Jule and I finalize our packing.

What is on TV?  A cartoon.  American?  Nope.  In English?  Nope.  Content:  doesn't matter.  My kids are glued.

I asked Alyssa if the cartoon was funny - she finally took her eyes off the screen long enough to tell me "yes".  I followed this with "is it funny what they are saying?"   She said "No..I mean, I don't know what they are saying."  Yet it is still funny?  "Yep"

Maria, equally glued, gave me a thumbs up without glancing my way.

What cartoon?  Well, I don't know the name nor the premise, but there are four dudes wearing yellow and black striped outfits - they may have escaped from jail.  Then there are these various towns folks who don't seem in any hurry to contain these guys.  I'm confused.  The kids are enthralled.

Cartoons work.

Comments

Popular Posts