Happy 32nd! Bon Voyage!

Well, I had not planned on updating the blog this morning, but rather came down to use the computer to print our online boarding passes - but according to Royal Caribbean's website, our sailing date has already passed. Not a big deal according to the rep on the phone.

So, its just about noon here, and we are about to catch a cab and head to the port, all of 2 miles away. Alyssa had a restfull sleep and was bouncing with joy by 8am. Jule took her to the park next door for an hour of playing on the play structure and in the sand in the humidity. I, meanwhile, slept in to celebrate my birthday in style. Sadly, we are all so excited about the ship, that I forgot it was my birthday - which I think is a good sign that I am relaxed.

Yesterday was wonderful temperature wise, today, very humid. They are expecting thunder showers today and thru Wednesday here in Miami. I am not so sure that extends to Nassau or Coco Cay, but the forecast for Key West on Thursday is clear.

One interesting thing so far is the various types of food we've encountered. So far the normal kind of breakfast - eggs, toast, potatoes, juice. For lunch we had the cuban food I mentioned. For dinner last night we went to a food stand in the mall that sold various Central American/Caribbean food. We had some thing called a Chupacabra or Chambona or Chimm Chimm Cheeree.. that apparently was from Venezuela. It amounted to something like a pancake folded over like a taco and filled with a creamy cheese - almost like Philly Cream Cheese. It was too sweet for me.
Then we ate cuban taquetos - which were glorified mozzarella sticks in a bagel dog sorta bread. Those were yummy. Jule tried fried plantains, and did not approve. Alyssa had chicken strips, and they were seasoned a bit different, so she did not approve.

In the news - I see flooding in the Northeast of the US. Glad I dont work there.
They captured a gator here that had sucked down a jogger last weekend. They confirmed it was the right gator after busting its gut open and finding the evidence. Sucks to be the innocent gator. Riiiiiiiiip.. oops, sorry pal, I guess it is not you. Bummer of a scar to have.
"Bob, what the hell happened to you?"
"Damned police had me and Melvin mixed up and thought I ate a jogger. So they gripped and ripped and viola!! found nothing"
"Bummer!"
"You're telling me ... talk about indigestion. Those chickens and cats just don't go down as easy anymore. And forget those spicy chihauhaus."

I wasnt too worried about being sucked down by a gator, nor having that happen to Alyssa or Jule. The fact that our pool is on the 10th floor roof may have something to do with that. That would be one heck of a gator to end up in this pool.

Well, I think that about does it for this posting. In 30 minutes or so we should be at the port checking in without online boarding passes. I'm not worried.
Then it's to the Windjammer for lunch! Mmmm.

Comments

Popular Posts