MORE NASSAU ...

We left Nassau behind, quite peacefully. Jule, Alyssa and I ventured out for some shopping and were disappointed. I made my way to Senior Frogs while Jule took Alyssa back to the ship, just as the rains came in. It poured pretty good at one point, Jule said she had just made it onto the ship. Meanwhile, I was still two delapidated blocks away from the Frog Bar.

So, I frogged it - mostly in search of a decent souvenier, but maybe something fresh and fruity and strong. The place wasn't that busy, considering half of the ship was off on some diving or snorkeling tour and probably not very happy with the new round of rains we were having. Many others had parted to Altantis resort across the channel on Paradise Island. That place is amazing from afar, but our tour guide pretty much told us that unless you are staying there, the only thing they really let you do otherwise as a "guest" is gamble or pay $30 to go through their amusement called "The Dig" - a fake version of the mythical ruins of Atlantis.
I can do that same exact thing at the Luxor in Vegas, or at least they used to have some amusements that were similar, but that has been 10 years. I know they gamble there too.

I felt bad for the people who paid $80+ per person to get carted off to the local version of Breezes all inclusive resort to be able to use their beach and toys for the day. I also am glad to know that in future trips if I consider staying at a Breezes, they apparently will let visitors come use their "exclusive property" for the right price.

Don't get me wrong, staying at Atlantis would be ideal. The waterslides and water park are amazing, the resort is top notch, miles of prestine beach - all for a small fortune.
I had gone online and ran a price comparison of the cruise we were on vs. the same four days at Atlantis in a room for a family of 4. That vacation would have been on the order of what I paid for just me to go to Italy for 3 weeks!! Hmmm - four days at Atlantis or 3 weeks in Italy?

So we set sail for Coco Cay - I was bummed because the big sail away party from Nassau was cancelled due to rain - at by the time we actually sailed, the rain had gone away for a while. I was pretty annoyed that they did not even try to have the party. About 200 of us were standing around the pool deck waiting to party. No music, except the same soundtrack they always played out by the pool (NO LIVE MUSIC!!!???).
So we left Nassau behind hoping for sunnier weather in Coco Cay.

I hear Alyssa screaming joyfully, meaning she is ready to go. So that means I had better get going too.

Happy Friday y'all - maybe later I can catch you up on Coco Cay, Key West, and the return to Miami.

Comments

Popular Posts